Child Growth Foundation (CGF) makes a difference wherever growth is a concern.
We are the leading UK charity focusing on the support, understanding and management of rare growth conditions to improve the lives of children, adults and families affected.
“Our vision is that the UK has a system where all families affected by growth conditions can receive a clinical diagnosis and corresponding care plan, and no-one feels alone or isolated”.
The CGF’s role in moving towards that vision, and the reason we exist, is to:
- Support children, adults and families affected by rare growth conditions.
- Fund research into greater understanding and management of these conditions.
- Raise awareness and understanding of growth conditions, to improve their detection and support their earlier diagnosis.
- Support health professionals in the optimal diagnosis and management of these conditions.
In pursuit of our vision we will be:
- Compassionate – putting people first with humanity, warmth and care
- Professional – gaining credibility from leading health care professionals and associated organisations
- Relentless – in our pursuit of a brighter tomorrow for all families impacted by growth conditions
Conditions supported by Child Growth Foundation
CGF provides expert information, advice and support relating to all growth conditions including:
- Growth Hormone Deficiency (GHD)
- Primary IGF-1 Deficiency
- Premature Sexual Maturation/Precocious Puberty
- Silver Russell Syndrome (SRS)
- Smith Kingsmore Syndrome (SKS)
- Intrauterine Growth Restriction (IUGR)
- Small for Gestational Age (SGA)
- SHOX Deficiency
- Sotos Syndrome
- Tatton Brown Rahman Syndrome (TBRS)
- Weaver Syndrome
- Patients without a diagnosis/awaiting a diagnosis
As research into growth continues CGF evolves to support children, adults and their families with both newly diagnosed conditions and those seeking diagnosis.
CGF excels in providing support to the rarer growth conditions. For some conditions, other specialised support organisations exist. CGF has good relationships and contacts with these organisations and can advise on other sources of support and information.
Need To Talk To Someone?
Do you require information or someone to talk to?
Do you wish to volunteer, donate, or attend one of our events? Then please, feel free to get in touch!
We are happy to help!