The Child Growth Foundation (CGF) is a leading UK charity focusing on the support and management of rare growth conditions affecting children and adults. We have many parents and children who are members, as well as a large and active adult membership.
“Our mission is that the UK has a system where all families affected by growth conditions can receive a clinical diagnosis and corresponding care plan, and no-one feels alone or isolated”.
The CGF’s role in moving towards that vision, and the reason we exist, is to:
- Support children and adults with growth related issues, and their families
- Support research into greater understanding and management of conditions
- Raise awareness of growth conditions
- Support health professionals in the optimal diagnosis and management of these conditions
In pursuit of our vision we will be:
- Compassionate – putting people first with humanity, warmth and care
- Professional – gaining credibility from leading health care professionals and associated organisations
- Relentless – in our pursuit of a brighter tomorrow for all families impacted by growth conditions
Conditions Supported by the Foundation
The CGF will provide information, advice and support relating to all growth conditions. For some conditions, other specialised support organisations exist. The CGF has good relationships and contacts with these organisations and can advise on other sources of support and information.
The Foundation excels in providing support to the rarer growth conditions, these include
- Growth Hormone Deficiency (GHD)/Multiple Pituitary Hormone Deficiency (MPHD)
- IGF-1 Deficiency
- Premature Sexual Maturation (PSM)
- Russell Silver Syndrome (RSS)/Intrauterine Restriction (IUGR)/Small for Gestational Age (SGA)
- Sotos Syndrome
- Tatton Brown Rahman Syndrome
- Weavers Syndrome
- Patients without a diagnosis
As research into growth continues the Child Growth Foundation evolves to support children, adults and their families with both newly diagnosed conditions and those seeking diagnosis.
Need To Talk To Someone?
Do you require information or someone to talk to?
Do you wish to volunteer, donate, or attend one of our events? Then please, feel free to get in touch!
We are happy to help!